PRIVATE TOUR - Rainforest and Waterfall Day Trip from Cairns Including Crater Lakes, Millaa Falls and Zilliee Falls
- Duration : 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Atherton, QLD
- Product code : Priv Rain
Your guide is professional, and a local making this an insiders private tour.
Leaving Cairns, experience freedom and flexibility, visit ancient World Heritage-Listed rainforests and waterfalls. This tour has the balance of keeping to a personal pace, with your experienced guide as he explains the diversity and history of this ancient land in a fun and friendly way. No boredom of a scripted lectures from a pushy hired guide.
Picture native tropical fauna and flora in their natural environment. Breath in the fresh mountain air, refresh with a quick swim or soak up the spray from one of the many waterfalls you'll visit. be left in awe at the timeless beauty of this natural paradise. Inclusive of morning tea, lunch chilled bottled water, and more.
Expect to photograph, experience and encounter these things :
- Extinct Volcanic Crater Lakes 100s of feet deep and miles wide.
- Travel to over 3000 feet above sea level, to view and photograph the contrasting ancient landscape of the shady green world heritage listed Mabi rain forests, deep green rolling dairy pastures, and valley gorges, of the basalt layered fertile red soils within this unique elevated temperate wet tropical area of Far North Queensland.
- Learn about the Indigenous and bygone era of the pioneering history of this unique area from your local expert guide.
- Photograph and learn of rare and endangered world heritage listed plant species including some giant trees over 1000 yrs old.
- Observe unique and endangered native fauna in their natural environment such as the rare tree kangaroo, cassowary, platypus and hundreds of species of colourful songbirds.
- Optional swim in one of the many cool refreshing mountain water rivers and streams.
- Feel the cool spray upon your face of the natural moist air from one of the many waterfalls we visit, formed many thousands of years ago from lava solidified in time. Waterfalls such as; Malanda, Millaa Millaa, Zillie, Ellinjaa and more.
- Enjoy local homemade cuisine (prepared especially according to your dietary requirements).
- Experience the pleasure of not being rushed as we customise your tour to suit your individual needs, as a group or a family.
- While in the bus, enjoy temperature controlled conditioned comfort between destinations.
- Pick up and return to your hotel accommodation.
- Not suitable for people with walking aids.